Do you meet the minimum standard of the Bronze Global School Award? Take this 2-minute self assessment test to find out how your school is performing.
Bronze Global School Award
Schools can start their journey to becoming a globally recognised award-winning school by achieving the Bronze level status.
- Have a designated international coordinator
- Provide some cultural activities within the school (i.e. assemblies, cultural festival celebrations and international days)
- Be a member of a global education community (i.e. Global School Alliance)
- Attend virtual education conferences
- Have a policy and action plan for developing the provision of opportunities to develop cultural capital and skills for pupils
Silver Global School Award
Once schools achieve their Bronze Global School Award, they will then be invited to work towards attaining the Silver Global School Award.
- Cover all aspects listed in ‘Bronze’
- Have established virtual international partnerships
- Actively engage students with international links
- Run online programmes to develop global skills
- Run joint projects and collaborations with international partners
- Participate in CPD and training to support the school’s global work
Gold Global School Award
After attaining the Bronze and Silver status, the highest-performing schools will be invited to take the final assessment to determine their Gold award-winning status.
- Cover all aspects listed in ‘Bronze’ and ‘Silver’
- Have an active Sister School Partnership
- Run international student exchange trips
- Offer research and CPD delegations to your staff
- Host international staff and students
- Work on regular joint projects with a partner school
- Have an expert international coordinator
The Global School Awards provide a pathway for schools to become an inspirational and globally recognised award-winning school. The journey to becoming a Gold Award-Winning School provides a road map for the future development of global learning in your school as it becomes central to its ethos.
We are celebrating internationally-minded schools that promote cultural understanding, multilingualism and global engagement across a broad range of subjects.
The Road Map to Become An
Award-Winning Global School
Yes, any school can apply to become an award-winning school. The recognition will be determined by the evidence submitted.
A Bronze Award costs £99 but all applicants who take the Bronze Assessment will be able to access a half-price discount.
Award-winning schools will be recognised with a certificate and badge to display on the school website.
The Global School Alliance aims to unite passionate educationalists from around the world under the common goal of providing global learning for students.