Global Education Conference
Matt Trevor, Deputy Head Teacher in Birmingham (UK)
I am a Deputy Head Teacher at a one-from primary school in Birmingham, United Kingdom. As a school we value global collaboration very highly and currently have an embedded working relationship with a school in Kampala, Uganda. As well as this I have an active partnership with educators from Boston Public Schools, Massachusetts, along with being in the early stages of reaching out to an ex-colleague who is currently teaching over in Doha, Qatar. Our school is currently a silver ‘Rights Respecting’ school, working our way to gold, as well as driving our ‘Character Education’ through Commando Joe’s. Our school was also recently paired with a school in Trinidad and Tobago when collaborating leading up to the recent Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, as well as I am currently completing my NPQH for headship. (November 2021 – June 2023)
Nesreen Noureldin, Vice Principal at British Columbia Canadian International School, Egypt
Vice Principal -Arabic Education at British Columbia Canadian International School East in Egypt, a Master’s Degree in General Quality Management –High diploma in quality education in addition to 22 courses in international learning, global learning, leadership, core skills. She works in international educational activities (curricular and extra-curricular for 10 years, have connected my students with the United Nations SDGs). She has visited many school partners in The UK, India (2 times) , Jourdan, Tunisia and Morocco. Hosted our Indian partner school in Egypt 2 times in 2017 and November. In 2022, hosted my UK partner school in Egypt in May 2022. Organized the first international students-led conference for 12 schools ( students and teachers ) from Asia, Middle East and Europe. She has conducted 15 international webinars with students from different countries on multiple topics including global issues, local communities’ interests, charity work, enterprise, mental health and wellbeing.
Sawsen Essid, Senior English Teacher in Tunisia
Sawsen is a Senior English teacher, active Etwinnning member, winner of the best eTwinning project 2020, Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert, ISA coordinator and ISA winner 2022 and Global teacher award winner 2021.
Shahnaaz Ojha, Teacher at Delhi Public School in India
Shahnaaz Ojha is a teacher at Delhi Public school, lava, Nagpur in India, which is now in the Map of World Peace Song project and uses the power of music to bring peace in the world. Shahnaaz is the teacher in charge of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) club in her school and has undertaken various activities across age groups from 10-16 years old, such as waste paper recycling, waste collection drives and collaborations such as 1) “tomatoes for tomorrow” with Sri Lanka, 2) 3D models “Beat the floods”resilient houses, 3) Environment Quiz and 4) Organic farming. She has collaborated with others in the Philippines to carry out cultural festivals in their language, and in the future,, she will be working on the Climate Action Project, Transforming education and the International SDGs collaborative project cohort III. Her Collaborations with schools in different countries works to achieve SDG 16 (peace, justice and strong institutions) to build a harmonious world.
”The Virtual Education Conference was a wonderful opportunity to connect with generous and knowledgeable colleagues from across our own country and across the world. The message that even at the height of the Covid-19 crisis, we are connected to a global community of educators was powerful, and reinforced the fact that there is always something we can learn. The sharing of support and good practice has continued after the conference ended - thank you for organising.Dr. Paul HeeryCEO of The White Hills Park Trust
Schools can join as a member of the Global School Alliance for free.
- Engage with other Global School Alliance members online
- Start online ‘Global Joint Projects’ with other schools
- Access ‘Learning Unleashed’ online platform for communication and collaboration with Alliance schools
- Free e-learning courses & resources for students
- Weekly newsletter with free resources and content
- GSA virtual education conferences
- Travel the world developing your educational knowledge
Schools can become a Global School Alliance partner. Get all the benefits of a member, elevate digital partnerships into practical global learning experiences.
- Create global school partnerships through immersive education experiences
- Access funding for Leadership Delegations to formally initiate partnerships and conduct risk assessments.
- Funding for GSA schools enables discounts on student exchanges
- Get paid to host alliance schools; add inclusive global learning experiences to your curriculum
- Funding for CPD & school improvement events
- Unlock GSA Scholarship inclusivity funding
Teachers can join as an Ambassador of the Global School Alliance for free.
- Become a global ambassador for education
- Weekly e-newsletter with free resources and content
- Selected teachers join the GSA Ambassador Panel to contribute to events, online seminars, resources and articles for teachers around the world.
- Access to free content, e-learning courses & resources for students
- Access to ‘Learning Unleashed’ online platform for communication with GSA teachers
- Funding for international CPD Delegations
- Paid opportunities to create learning resources