Thursday 12 May 2022 @ 4:00-6:00 pm BST London
Audience: Headteachers/Principals, Senior Leaders, Subject Specialists, Phase Leaders, School Business Managers
As part of our regular offering to members of the Global School Alliance, we have invited a wide range of specialists from leading EdTech companies to present to you what they think is currently exciting in education.
• Providing insights and expert analysis
• Providing ideas, signposting solutions and best practice.
• Connecting people who want to overcome the same challenges.
• Providing informative updates on the very latest EdTech developments.
Register your attendance below.
Meet the Speakers
Senior Manager and Director for EDClass
Lee Bell is currently Senior Manager and Director for EDClass Ltd. Lee has been employed with EDClass for over 12 years and has seen the company develop into an established and trusted alternative provision provider. Lee has extensive knowledge within the education sector and meticulously strategises ways of improving the platform so each individual can reach their educational goals.
Lee will present on ‘Breaking barriers to learning remotely with sophisticated safeguarding solutions’ and provide school leaders with effective solutions.
EDClass is an online platform that offers a virtual learning classroom and management portal with resources to impact learning, assessment and catch-up. We have been providing a robust and safeguarded platform for over 13 years delivering personalised learning for remote, blended and flexible learning with UK-qualified teachers available, live and on-demand.
EDClass is a fully-safeguarded alternative provision that is proven to impact: safeguarding, mental health, reintegration, behaviour repair, intervention, attainment, attendance, off-site learning.
Senior Community Marketing Manager at DuoLingo
Dr. Tracee Miller is a Senior Community Marketing Manager at DuoLingo. She completed her PhD in Education Policy and Leadership in 2020, with a focus on racial bias in technology use in St. Louis high schools. Before transitioning into edtech, Dr. Miller was a teacher, instructional coach, and member of the Board of Education in St. Louis Public Schools, where she also had the opportunity to partner with schools across the country as an academic program manager.
Prior to joining Duolingo, she spent time as a Partnerships Manager at ClassDojo and Community and Support Lead at Khan Academy.
About DuoLingo for Schools
Building on the efficacy and success of the original Duolingo platform, Duolingo for Schools, created for teachers at every level, augments any curriculum, giving students content designed to promote long-term retention, while providing teachers with creative ways to differentiate instruction, increase engagement, and keep students learning on any device, both inside and outside the classroom.
This session goes behind the scenes to show how Duolingo for Schools works–from the learning science behind the app’s effectiveness to the business model that keeps Duolingo free for teachers and students around the world. Connect with other teachers, ask questions, and learn how Duolingo for Schools makes it easy to enrich your curriculum and motivate your students.
Register Your Attendance
Schools can join as a member of the Global School Alliance for free.
- Engage with other Global School Alliance members online
- Start online ‘Global Joint Projects’ with other schools
- Access ‘Learning Unleashed’ online platform for communication and collaboration with Alliance schools
- Free e-learning courses & resources for students
- Weekly newsletter with free resources and content
- GSA virtual education conferences
- Travel the world developing your educational knowledge
Schools can become a Global School Alliance partner. Get all the benefits of a member, elevate digital partnerships into practical global learning experiences.
- Create global school partnerships through immersive education experiences
- Access funding for Leadership Delegations to formally initiate partnerships and conduct risk assessments.
- Funding for GSA schools enables discounts on student exchanges
- Get paid to host alliance schools; add inclusive global learning experiences to your curriculum
- Funding for CPD & school improvement events
- Unlock GSA Scholarship inclusivity funding
Teachers can join as an Ambassador of the Global School Alliance for free.
- Become a global ambassador for education
- Weekly e-newsletter with free resources and content
- Selected teachers join the GSA Ambassador Panel to contribute to events, online seminars, resources and articles for teachers around the world.
- Access to free content, e-learning courses & resources for students
- Access to ‘Learning Unleashed’ online platform for communication with GSA teachers
- Funding for international CPD Delegations
- Paid opportunities to create learning resources